My "results" are confounding me. (And kinda ticking me off.)

tl;dr - I've lost weight but I'm still just as fat?

In 2009 I lost 50 pounds in a stereotypical pre-wedding diet. Over the years I regained 40 of those pounds. Not happy I did that - but at least I didn't regain all of it and then some. Anyway, I received a scary diagnosis earlier this year and I've been trying really hard to lose weight and get healthy to give myself a fighting chance at overcoming this diagnosis. As of this morning I've lost 45 pounds. (I have 65 more to go to hit my goal weight.)

The problem is I'm not smaller. I still have the clothing I wore in 2009. Sure, I've still got 5 more pounds until I hit my "wedding weight." But I don't even fit the jeans I was wearing in the spring of 2009 when I'd lost only 30 pounds. My current wardrobe is slightly looser than it used to be. But my clothes are still wearable and if I bought new clothing right now they'd probably be the same size. My bra isn't too big. My underwear isn't saggy. We're talking a 3 size difference in clothing from my wedding and I'm nowhere near fitting into any of it even thought I've lost basically the same amount of weight.

I remember feeling like I was skinny after only losing 10 or 15 pounds in 2009. I remember marveling at how much more comfortable a theater seat was and how I didn't feel so "bunched up" in my clothing. And I still had tons more weight to lose. But this time I've lost a bunch and still seem as big as I was 45 pound ago. I don't get it. And it's really bugging me.

(Just for clarity sake - yes I've made sure my scale is correct. I was just at the doctor on Monday and my weight there matched what I've been seeing at home.)

Any middle aged folks out there who have lost & gained weight over the years and noticed this? Is it a normal thing as your body ages? Is my fat "more dense" now than it used to be or something? Haha. Because I'm seriously at a loss. Fortunately, it hasn't discouraged me. My health problem scares me enough to keep me on track at the moment. But it is driving me nuts.

submitted by /u/Heather_ME
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ix5XPa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...