After losing my nanny position a little over a month ago, I was sure I would fall off the wagon with my weight loss. I knew big changes were coming, no more long walks with the baby, access to only healthy food, and a commute that consisted of me just walking. I was averaging about 18,000 steps a day and the weight was falling off. I went from 194 pounds to 178 in about 2 months.
When I was let go (they decided to go the daycare route) I decided to leave nannying and go back to an office job. I got one very quickly (within 2 weeks) at a nice little start up as an HR Administrator/Executive Assistant. I figured the weight would come back, longer days, longer commute by train, office snacks, and 8 hours at a desk.
Then I realized, this is completely in my control. I am not going back. One of the perks of my job is a free gym right downstairs. I’ve been spending about 50 minutes on the elliptical during my lunch break, and then eating my chicken and black beans I packed the night before. I’ve been avoiding all snacks and even drinking 2 large liter bottles of water throughout the day.
The walk to the train is almost a mile also, so between that and the elliptical I am still averaging around 15,000 steps a day. I weighed myself today and I am the lowest I have been in 3 years at 175. 15 pounds away from my goal weight! (5’9 F).
No matter what life throws at you, things will work out, always look at how far you’ve come and know that this is in YOUR CONTROL. Love you, losers!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LNbp2p
No comments:
Post a Comment