So for as long as I can remember I've always seen myself as skinny fat. I don't like to talk about how much weight I've lost with anyone in the gym because my before and after pictures don't look much different. I doubt is I'll ever be able to progress pics.
I think the way that I hold my weight up to a point looks okay especially in clothes. But here's the kicker I was overweight and i could wear a bikini and look relatively alright. So of course when I started to notice my clothes were fitting different I was shocked at how heavy I'd gotten. I'm the kind of person that you think you can pick up until you try.
I've been going to the gym almost 5x a week every week for four months and you know how you'll find some people to chat up in the sauna or something. I always get those dismissive comments like "you dont even have X i have XYZ". Even when i talk to my friends and family they're always downplaying it which is sweet in a way but I feel embarrassed to talk about working out now. I was told by the doctor that i needed to watch my cholesterol and that i was overweight but it doesn't show and other people kinda give me the "yeah right" look. I know other people may have far bigger fish to fry, and i don't want to seem like an ass, where does my body type fit in the conversation?
I genuinely felt unhealthy and unhappy for so long and it kinda makes me feel weird that I cant see the progress and nobody else can really see it either. I've lost 21lbs in 4 months my butt has change( i think) but imagine losing a substantial amount of weight and kind of not having anything to show for it except loose bras lol. Also my anxiety is going crazy while I post this I really don't want to seem like an asshole, i know people have it worse(this is how i always feel when i want to talk about this). So to anyone that can't relate I'm still really happy when I hear about your success stories.
So people who can't post a before and after picture or people who are constantly booted from conversations with "real weight loss stories", how do you handle that? Should I just keep my mouth shut? Count my blessings that things could be worse.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JPMPkQ
No comments:
Post a Comment