I am 42 years old male, starting at roughly around 440 pounds (200kg) but actually i don't even know how much it was exactly.
I didn't want to go around to look for a scale that could hold me, everything i found was limited at max 400 pounds (180kg).
Now i am finally at weight where my home scale is showing actual numbers and not just "overload"
There has been some many failures, bad diets and physical illness from trying to lose weight in my past.
For 20 years i have struggled to get my weight down, feeling like a second class citizen in my country (i am living in a Nordic country) where we can see a lot of athletic people running & walking & skiing and enjoying family time with their children on these sports.
I never can do that, and i feel so sad for my daughter.
My motivation is now to get healthy so i can enjoy all these good moments with my family, targeting at around 220pounds/100kg weight.
I will give myself 3 years to finish this task.
First of things, i signed up a personal trainer with who we started weight&cardio training slowly to get "in" to feeling of training.
We slightly control my calories, just to make sure i eat balanced nutritional food with avoiding sugars and too much hard fats, targeting at around 2800kcal intake daily.
I am not dieting at all, and to my books i eat very well normal home cooked foods but i must decline to eat any pastries&candies etc. I also try to eat much more vegetables in every meal if possible.
For my exercise, i started at gym slow and light utilizing mostly my own body weight in training but now i am pushing it much more with added weights and cardio combination.
This is unbelievable how fast i see results !
My trainer pushes me to go for high pulse cardio alternating with different machines first, straight in to several alternating weight lifting stations with no resting breaks to get all around muscle groups burning calories.
This is repeated until the one hour training is completed, i feel soaking wet from sweat but good.
I have started walking also, in my past i barely could walk 0.5km (1/3 mile) without stopping.
Now days my standard walk i do is fast paced 3km route (1.8mile) and continuously adding more lenght and speed to it.
I've lost nearly 20cm (7.5inch) from my belt and gained ability to use my abs as means to get out of bed, not rolling out like i used to.
Also, i have never been more motivated to get this done.
I wish everyone the best in their journey, mine has just begun...
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JVGT66
No comments:
Post a Comment