To start with...I am not a small person and my lowest weight since high school was 180 lbs and that number is a long was behind me. I am a student nurse and about to start my last year of my degree. Since starting nursing school, I have feelings that a nurse should be a healthy weight. How can I give advice to patients if I am not healthy myself? I have been trying to lose weight on and off since starting school, but school stresses me out and I have a tendency to stress eat and bored eat while I am studying (which is a lot). I am currently maintaining my highest weight of 240 lbs. However, I am a very active person, who hikes all the time and works at very physical part time job. Last week I had a patient who, being on a psych ward, is not the most stable of patients. Out of the blue, he went off on me...saying how could I let myself go like this and how embarrassed I should be with myself because I am so fat and I shouldn't even be allowed in healthcare because of how fat I am. I understand he is sick and has lost his filter, but this personal attack has affected me deeply. He confirmed my own deepest insecurities about myself and my new career. I can't stop thinking about this verbal abuse. First, I stressed ate thinking about it, but yesterday I decided to start CICO again. I have 14 months left of my degree and I am hoping by then I will be a healthy BMI so no patient's can attack me personally for my weight ever again. Wish me luck!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2K3C0uQ
No comments:
Post a Comment