How much reduction in hematocrit would be expected with a blood donation???

Hello:

In this topic it is said that:

"A phlebotomy of one pint of blood will generally lower hematocrit by about 3 percent"

https://ift.tt/2Kjtucp

A reduction of a 3% was that I was expecting to happen.

15 June I had a blood test and my hematocrit was at 54.7%. Just after the test I had a blood phlebotomy of 500 ml (near a pint).

25 June I had a second blood test and my hema is 49%.

It means that with a 500 ml blood extraction my hematocrit has reduced a 5.7%. I think that is a reduction too much big, isn't it??

Could it be any problem with one of the two laboratory measurements??? It seems very strange to me such a big reduction.

I would appreciate very much the experiences of some users.

Thank you.


from ExcelMale.com https://ift.tt/2KsnHNy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...