Hello fellow healthy lifestyle seekers! I had a non-scale victory I wanted to share because it was so unexpected and exciting! It’s kind of long, so I apologize if this comes out as a boring rant of a random internet stranger.
(Quick note about me, I carry all my excess weight in my belly.)
About two years ago, I was doing great on my weight loss goals. I was down from 235 to 200. I was going to the gym and watching my portions. As a treat, I took my stylish friend clothes shopping and together we picked out three nice button-ups (and some other clothes) for me to wear on an upcoming cruise. While on the cruise, which was my first ever, my friends all agreed that I won Best-Dressed, which made me feel great!!
Unfortunately, I was also unable to resist the constant free food and drink (we paid for the Drinks package, which allowed up to 15 drinks each per day!). By the end of the cruise, I had become Dionysus personified. Gluttony wasn’t just my middle name. It was my first, middle, and last name, my nickname, and my new social security number. I would pay dearly for giving up entirely on my goals.
Upon returning home, I found it harder than ever to get back into my disciplined eating and exercise habits that had been doing so well for me. I slowly packed on the weight, and eventually I stopped wearing those fancy button-ups, as they had become too tight for my increasing pudge.
A year later, I was up to 250lbs, heavier than ever before. Hitting ¼ of a thousand was my light-bulb moment, and I began to re-dedicate myself to my health goals. I spoke to friends who had been successful with weight loss. I joined this and a couple other subs. I abstained from drinking entirely for a period of time, and got back into portion control.
A month later, I started going to the gym. Just one or two times a week at first, and even then I only ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes before going home. I began to see some results. My efforts increased both in the calorie department and the exercise department. I cut certain foods out, I increased my activities at the gym, and I quit drinking altogether.
Now, I’ve joined a gym that offers a variety of classes with instructors (weight-lifting, spin, yoga, etc). I’ve been sober for 71 days (for several reasons, but caloric-intake among them), and I even started playing racquetball, which is a ton of fun and great cardio! Weight-wise, I’m currently sitting at around 205 and dropping! I’m so close to achieving an all-time low since this journey began, and I can see it just around the corner!
Now for the NSV! This weekend, I was going out with friends, and decided to try on one of the stylish button-ups that my stylish pal had helped me pick out 2 years ago. And it fit!!! I was so excited! While the other two are still a little snug, this shirt finally fit on me again!
I feel significantly bigger than I was on that cruise, but clearly I am much closer to that weight than I thought! It was so motivating for me to fit into that cool shirt, and I immediately got a compliment on it when I got to the social gathering. I now have a new goal to fit in those other two button-ups before the summer ends.
This journey to achieve health and wellness is a long and exhausting one, with more ups and downs than I can count, spread over years of trying to get it right. But I want you all know that even when you slip and start gaining, you can turn it around! All you have to do is make better choices today. Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.
It may seem overwhelming that it could take years to get where you want, but those years are going to pass no matter what you decide to do with them. Decide to take charge of each day! Good luck everyone. It’s time to loseit!
TL;DR: I went on a 5-day booze cruise and relapsed into a bad weight-gain spell that lasted a full year, and took another year to come back from. I'm back to where I started and I can fit into one of my favorite shirts from the cruise-era of my life. Still not done with my weight loss goals, but... I am on my way! I can go the distance!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KhNLeg
No comments:
Post a Comment