I’m taking a maintenance week this week, something I’ve done often to bust a stubborn plateau or when I feel the need to take a break. Why? Because after years of hard work, I’ve hit my “lie” weight.... from high school. My senior year, I weighed 225lbs. I looked it. I felt it. I raised eyebrows when I sternly insisted I was only 185 lbs. I had this mental fixation with the number 185. My ideal self. That was, at the time, the highest weight for my height in the healthy BMI range.
I remember ordering my graduation gown based on my lie weight... I remember the heat of tears running down my face when it wouldn’t zip. When it was so tight and snug and ridiculous looking that I couldn’t even bring myself to wear it. I didn’t walk at my graduation.
It is odd, being at this weight and so close to my ultimate goal. Last time I was 185 lbs, I was 5’6 and in the 7th grade. Short and round and forming terrible food habits.
My plan for now is to slow to a deficit that helps me lose 1 lb a week, to see where I would like to stop. I have a muscular frame. I don’t think 150 is a good weight for me, though that’s been my goal weight for so long. I’m thinking maybe 160-175 is a good range. Mainly I’m working on losing my “mommy pooch” And muscle recomp. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LO9dId
No comments:
Post a Comment