Help supporting a friend's weight loss journey

My best friend has struggled with her weight since I've known her (going on 8 years). She's very determined to get healthy and stop letting her size and weight stop her from doing things she wants to do. All she asks of me is to support her, which of course I will. I always have and always will.

We want to spend time together in ways that don't tempt her to break her diet or feel uncomfortable, such as drinking and eating out. We've committed to hiking twice a month, weekly if possible, going to the beach regularly, going to yoga, and other activities outside while the weather is nice. The problem is, I can't really think of things we can do in terms of evening activities. We regularly go out to eat, go to bars, etc. Personally, I'm trying to cut back on my alcohol intake so if we were to go out, I would commit to her that I'd not drink with her.

What tips do you have on what to do that is fun yet don't tempt you to stray from your diet? We live in a decent sized city with various activities and are within a 4 hours drive to major cities or small towns that could have really anything so skies the limit!

submitted by /u/_cheshireD
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N98dzJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...