Does anyone else sometimes get discouraged when they see others making faster progress?

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t be subscribed to r/loseit if I didn’t want to see progress pics, advice, etc.

Basically, I’ve been making progress, but it’s slow. I still have some stuff to work out on my routine, but seeing others succeed faster than me kinda gets me down. I think to myself “if only I went to the gym more, didn’t eat that one heavy calorie meal, didn’t go out that one time then I would’ve been making faster progress and look as good as that person does right now”

Basically, there’s this girl (a friend of a friend) on Facebook that has lost a lot of weight. She was obese in high school and now she’s about my size after losing 75 lbs. I was really amazed and happy for her and I really wish her the best on her continued weight loss! But I also feel a bit down because if I worked harder like she has then maybe I could’ve been making faster progress.

I realize that it’s silly, if I worked as much as I think I should then I would probably quit. For me, going to the gym 6 times a week for an hour isn’t feasible. Usually I aim for 4 days a week. And if I didn’t have a treat (within my calories for the day) every now and then, I would eventually binge out from restraining myself for so long. Does this whole post sound like a bunch of excuses or do other people sometimes feel this way?

submitted by /u/bing-no
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ypo1v0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...