Did anyone else not know basic weight loss principles when they started out?

I admit, I'm young, I may not have paid a ton of attention in health class in high school simply because I knew I didn't need to know the name of every bone in my body. But I honestly didn't know much, if anything, about how calories, macros, dieting, weight loss, etc in general all worked when I started my journey earlier this year. I think I figured if you just worked out a lot, you could eat a steady amount of Arby's and still look pretty fly.

Was anyone else similar? Did learning about how it worked frighten or simply enlighten you? (I say this because I recall a period in my life where I would eat fast food as much as 2-3x a day and snack in between... oh the shame once I learned how much I was consuming!!)

Edit: I just want to clarify that I know WAY more know than ever and am on the right track. I just find it funny how I was either in denial about knowing the info or truly didn't know. I think people put this idea in their heads of "Salad is healthy, burgers are bad" but don't know why (be it calories, fat/carbs/protein, etc.)

submitted by /u/Macheeoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tiNEHW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...