Anyone doing slow weight loss on purpose?

Hey there! I don't have too much to lose, and I'm overall pretty happy with my body ATM but want to lose about 20 pounds. I started calorie counting beginning of June and myfitnesspal put me on a 1300/day cut to lose 1 lb per week. I was doing okay at it but then started to find it a bit restrictive and ended up bingeing on a pack of soda crackers (I know, terrible wasted binge). I read someone's post about 'eating for the weight you want to be' and started thinking about that a bit. The TDEE of my goal weight is about 1600 calories, so by my logic if I eat a bit less than that and work out, I should eventually get to my goal weight right? I am realizing that eating 1300 calories forever is not sustainable for me so I need to be eating enough to feel satisfied and not deprived. I'm not in a huge rush to lose weight, I more just want to become healthier and fitter. Anyone else purposely losing slowly to try to mold your diet to your lifestyle more permanently? How is that going for you? I changed myfitnesspal to 1/2 pound weight loss per week and its giving me a much more manageable 1500 calories per day goal. Would love to hear from people who have decided to lose slower and how succesful that has been especially in terms of avoiding binges. 😊

submitted by /u/samanthasharxn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sQYLZq

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...