It's been about 2 years since I posted here or even lurked, but I've got one of those successful stories I loved reading when I started loosing weight about 4 years back. The past 2 years I managed to maintain the weight I hit after losing 120lbs. I ended at 175 those years back and today I'm 180, but my body itself looks very different.
I'm a Biology teacher and, as a benefit, I get to spend some time talking about macromolecules, nutrition, physiology, etc. with my students. I bring a lot of my personal stories to the class, but I rarely discuss my weight-loss. I mentioned it in passing before, but never really talked about-- my kids were much more entertained by my powerlifting and cancer-beating stuff anyway.
But now to address the click-bait title. I'm very conscious now over how I look. Weight loss comes with lasting signs: loose skin, stretch marks. Vanity is an unfortunate trait of mine, so I feel some anxiety over how I'm perceived. I got so used to being the fat guy as a recognizable quality and now I'm in a state of flux-- I'm not skinny by any means but I'm also not particularly fat, so I don't know what to call myself.
It's finals week; a student finished early and drew this picture of me. I guess I am no longer the fat guy. Now I'm the strong guy.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2t71Swq
No comments:
Post a Comment