$500 to begin losing weight - how best to spend it?

As the title says, thanks to a new job I have some money they've provided me as one of my benefits to improve my health. I'd like to use the money and give it my best crack, but I don't want to waste it. Without going into my life history I'll give you a general overview of where I'm at right now health-wise

  1. 5'10", 290 pounds
  2. 33 years old
  3. 3 surgeries on my right ACL (can't do a ton of walking / can't run at all due to knee pain)
  4. Pulled my left calf muscle two weeks ago - it's healed, but not a good sign - probably muscle atrophy. It happened when I was just going down stairs
  5. Mostly sedentary lifestyle - work in an office environment
  6. Has suffered from depression / food addiction in the past
  7. Lost 70 pounds in 2016 by going to the gym, but gained it all (and then some) back
  8. Generally terrible eating habits / hates cooking / doesn't know what to buy from the store most of the time

So, with all that in mind... there's some options I've thought of like the pre-bought meal solutions (Nutrisystem), buying a stationary bicycle (I can only do low impact exercises due to my leg / hip problems from carrying this much weight), and so on. The only time I could ever do the gym thing is maybe super early in the morning before work, but I already wake up at 6:30 am as it is to go so it'd be hard to do much earlier. I also really don't have the confidence to be in a gym right now anyway (judge away).

I realize there's things that I need to deal with that no amount of money will help with - i.e. the eating habits and such - but I'm interested in what I can do for myself with the money that I have to at least get me started in the right direction. If anyone has any advice, anything at all, that they think might help - please do let me know. I feel the weight every day in everything I do and I can feel how it's destroying me little by little. If I don't get my health under control now then I might not make it to 40 at the rate I'm going.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Striketh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HBHxU7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...