Hey all,
I’ve posted on here a few times before. About a year ago I posted about starting another “day one”. I even posted a before and after picture about three months later! But unfortunately, things didn’t pan out the way I had hoped.
As the title suggests, I did log into MyFitnessPal for a whole year. Hooray! Right? Not so much. Sure, I logged in for a year, but I didn’t actually keep up with tracking my food. I merely logged in everyday, pleased to see the number of days logged in go up, but I didn’t always utilize the tool like a should have. I actually gained all but 6.5 pounds I had lost (contrary to my flair).
A lot of things happened this past year - lots of stressing events along with the regular stress of life, school, and work. But honestly, I know it’s no excuse. Over this past year, I slipped into a mindset that caused me to believe that merely logging into MFP was enough to keep me on track with my weight loss and health journey. “At least I was keeping it in the back of my mind right? This will still help me make better choices! I’ll log everything later!” I knew in the back of my head that was the dumbest shit I could be telling myself, but it was comfortable. It was easy. It was attainable. Logging into an app everyday for a year? A piece of cake! Actually utilizing the tools within... not so much. It takes a lot of strength to be honest with yourself, and I had lost it.
This morning, I woke up and realized that I didn’t open MFP yesterday. I grabbed my phone, and quickly logged in. I saw the “1 day” on my more page. To be honest, I freaked out a little bit. “Oh no! I broke my streak! People on my friends list will see that I’ve started over!” But then I had to tell myself, “you weren’t even being real with yourself in the first place. Who cares what they think? Start over!”
So here I am again. Starting from square one, but fortunately with a little more knowledge of how to obtain my health goals. It’s going to be hard, it’s going to be uncomfortable, but damnit I’m tired of being unhealthy and fat. That in itself is already uncomfortable.
If you’ve made it this far into my wall of text, thank you for reading. If you’ve got MFP, feel free to add me as a friend (leeanna_miles). If you’re in anyway struggling like me, we can fight this together! 👍
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2J35Fkb
No comments:
Post a Comment