Just wanted to say thanks to everyone! Didn't realize losing weight could be this easy.

Thanks to everyone here at r/loseit for helping me change my life for the better. I've been lurking for a couple months and decided to actually make an effort to lose weight, so for the past month and a half I've been simply counting calories and sticking to my deficit and I've already lost 10 pounds!! For the longest time I thought of losing weight as some insurmountable barrier- that you'd have to painstakingly measure out every single thing and only subsist off of broccoli for the rest of your days. But after simply calculating my TDEE and going for a healthy deficit I've become AWARE of what I'm eating. That's the biggest step, before this I would eat every single time I'm the tiniest bit hungry, just to fill that gap. You eat just to eat, and you have no way to gauge anything. But when you're physically writing down what you eat it becomes so much easier to stay on track. I've actually been happy to take note of what I eat, and it's not hard at all. If you eat something prepared, note the serving size/check the calories, and if you're not just weigh it. A lot of the time you can just google something to make it even easier. I haven't had to stick to some strict regimen either, I eat pretty much what I ate before, except making an effort to drink more water and eat more protein. But even with fast food or any craving, if you plan it out earlier in the day you can stay on your deficit and still lose pounds eating it! The notion that you need to plan out every little sugar and every transfat you eat is ridiculous, and I'm sure it's this very reason people are so intimidated by losing weight. People need to know it's not as daunting a task as it seems. Simply taking out soda and skipping dessert can amount to the 500 cal. deficit you need. Once again thanks everyone for the motivation I needed, and here's to losing another 10 :].

submitted by /u/bumpofyeetler
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xpGFlM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...