I'm really starting to think this Emotional Blunting side-effect is actually awesome.

I've been on Zoloft for the past 2 years and I love it, but since I'm on 200 MG I have a very low range of emotions. I'm also on Adderall which is also known to decrease testosterone production in men. So until recently my emotions have been very blunted and I was perfectly fine with my life. But this week I had the bright idea I need to start getting my sh*t together; I need to lose weight since I'm overweight, I need to finally get a girlfriend (never had one), I need to improve my social life. I guess I just got tired of everyone nagging me to do these things.

I started by taking testosterone supplements. Then I started playing Nier Automata which is a video game with a pretty epic love story and stopped playing my more normal video games like GTA 5. Now I feel like I've got something missing in my life, for the first time in years I actually want a girlfriend. Not because it would make people leave me alone but because it would make me feel good. My problem is I can feel like there's a void in me, like the only thing that will fix this is having a girlfriend. I don't want to feel this void and I'm thinking I should just scrap the whole idea and go back to how things were. I know I wont be motivated to get a girlfriend if I do but I've been fine the past 28 years of my life without one and I honestly don't need the trouble.

Hence, why I think emotional blunting is awesome. It makes it so I don't have to deal with emotions. It just completely removes them from the equation. I want to be numb again but I'm not sure if I should want that or not. Any input would be helpful.

submitted by /u/Solerien
[link] [comments]

from Mental Health https://ift.tt/2IvVapt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...