I lost it at my boyfriend for buying me a beer

F/26/5'10/170ish

So I've cut out most liquid calories. My sweet boyfriend is a big beer drinker and he is also very much not on CICO. One of these men with a high metabolism who can eat whatever (although it's showing signs of slowing down). Obesity runs in his family though. He doesn't think about calories at all and he doesn't really have a good grasp of what is calorie dense or not. And he is very curious as to what I am even doing when I measure and weigh things. Ah, to be so innocent again! 🤭

The last while, we've been talking about my process, because he's noticed some results on me and some changes in my diet. Usually the conversation seems to come up most often when I turn down a drink. I have never been a huge drinker, but now I really only have it if I want it and am feeling festive, which happens every few days for sure. Usually just one, and I log it, and then I happily switch to water. I usually have wine over beer anyway - I'm not crazy about beer.

So the other day we were celebrating after a performance of his at a local haunt where he spends a lot of time with his male friends. The beer is dirt cheap at this place so people always offer to buy each other another round. And the beers are half a liter/250 calories each. So these boys drink 6 or 8 beers, totalling 2000 calories, every time they hang out there.

That night after his show there was some food laid out for the performers, so I went over my usual calories a bit to partake. Didn't feel bad about it, logged everything and was still under my TDEE. Shared a beer with someone, then switched to sparkling water. My partner asked me probably 3-4 times what he could get me (beer? wine? how about a mixed drink? you sure?). Then at one point later on, he looked around to see who was close to finishing their drink and bought another round. That's when he plopped a massive beer in front of me, without asking, after I'd spent the evening (not to mention the last month) turning them down.

Usually I say "no thanks" and he or someone else ends up drinking it later. But in that moment I felt betrayed. I felt like he hadn't listened once, or maybe like he was challenging me. I said in front of everyone "Are you freaking serious? You know I'm not going to drink this. You asked me if I wanted this and I said no. Why would you get me this? I don't want this. Come on. Surely you know this."

Poor pup was hurt and embarrassed. He was like a cat bringing a dead bird to its human and not understanding why the human isn't happy. I feel really sorry about the overreaction. But it's crazy how your loved ones practically shovel food down your throat, and you have to constantly fend it off.

submitted by /u/babanana3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rQjcnT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...