Do you care when people ask you questions about your weight loss?

So I've lost a ton of weight, and with a lot of weight loss comes lots and LOTS of questions. I get questions that range from mundane to quite personal. I've been asked everything from "have you had weight loss surgery?" (I haven't), to "are you the same person?" (my personal favorite). I've even been asked about loose skin. I've had people tell me that some of the questions I get asked are rude simply because they really are incredibly personal. The way I look at it, a lot of the time people are asking you because they want to lose weight themselves, and they just want to know how you did it. I've also realized that there really aren't a lot of people who have lost that kind of weight, so there aren't a lot of stories to tell, which makes each one of our stories extra precious. Unfortunately, I think the number of people who have lost weight and are willing to answer personal questions about their weight loss journey, is even smaller. I'm always happy to answer questions about it, even if they are personal, as long as it's relevant to the weight issue. If I can use my story as a tool to help people lose weight, I'm more than happy to help. If someone has a question simply because they're fascinated by it, or just because they're curious and want to know more about it...that's okay too. Although it may be personal, I feel it's so important that there are resources out there that can talk about what it's like to lose incredibly large amounts of weight, and just offer helpful advice.

So where does everyone hear stand on answering questions about their weight loss? Is this a personal matter where some questions are always inappropriate, or are you happy to take the time to answer?

submitted by /u/BarakaBrat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2k4xldI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...