I am M17 and have been overweight/obese my whole life. My whole family was and I just figured that it was ok, it's just the way we were. Back in April of 2016 my life changed forever when i had to move 10+ hours away from where I grew up due to a divorce. My new living situation was terrible for my mental health. I started starving myself, not because I wanted to lose weight, but because everytime i ate i was ridiculed. In the course of a few months i lose 30 pounds, the first time I'd ever lost a substantial amount of weight. I maintained around that weight for several months still living there, however i found ways to "sneak" in some food. Flash forward to February of 2017 I'm diagnosed with KyphoScoliosis, its too far gone and I need surgery. After the surgery I can barely move around for a few months and manage to put on 30 pounds. In November I move out of there into a better living situation. However, with this new living situation, no one judged me for whatever i ate, so i naturally ate whatever i wanted whenever i wanted. I put on another 10 pounds. I don't know what was so significant about seeing the number 270 on the scale, but i hated it. From that point on i promised myself I'd do whatever it took to fix this mess i had put myself in. That was 4 months ago, these 4 months haven't been the easiest, but they have been the happiest months of my life. For once i can honestly say that I am happy with myself, even though im far away from where i want to be, I'm actually trying to get there instead of putting it off for some other time.
Progress pics : https://imgur.com/gallery/NSEh5SM
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IP6PUB
No comments:
Post a Comment