Changing someone's' opinion, just based on my progress. Kind of funny

So,

I just recently thought of some things, as I approach the wrapping up point of my weight loss journey. To be more specific, I was thinking of how things other than your weight can change so much in such a short amount of time. Now this is not one of those "A person hated me, and since I lost weight they don't." type of posts, even though the title kind of makes it sound like that, this is more of a post to tell a small story on how I completely changes someones perception of my weight loss, and my future, just by losing a ton of weight.

When I first started losing weight in, May of 2017, a lot seemed impossible, I knew how CICO was supposed to work, and based on that information I was super excited to learn that I could weigh less than 200lbs by October of 2018. I would tell all of my more supportive friends at work about what I may be able to do. Most of them went in disbelief becasue a 380lb+ person weighing less than 200 sounded impossible. One instance that really stood out to me and is the main concentration of this post, was my friend T believed. T said that he really was not to sure if I would be able to get below 200, let alone, get to my goal weight of 190. I just told T week after week that I believed it was completely possible, and that I was going to do it.

"Just watch" I would say, with a smirk on my face

Now, T was not being unsupportive, he is actually on of my most supportive people at work. He just really believed that with my lose skin baggage and based on my bone structure, that I could not weigh that little. Well, fastforward to me weighing 290lbs about 6 months ago, and T's opinion had changed from, "I don't think you can make it below 200lbs" to "I don't think you will look right at 190lbs."... It is kind of funny how that opinion had changed so much in only 6 months, then fastforward to me weighing 250lbs just last month, and T would say "I can see right where that last 60lbs is going to come off from.".

As you can see, people say many things, and they don't always mean any harm. T just literally thought that I could not weigh that little, and then he thought that I would not look right at that low of a weight, and now, he agrees with me that I will look good at that weight. It was a learning expierence for more than just me, and me and T, along with my other weight loss buddies, are going on this journey together.

I hope this was helpfull to some people who may be having a rough time dealing with what people say, thanks to everyone who read it :)

submitted by /u/finchezda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rSMBxN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...