EDIT - here are the progress photos! Progress Photos
Hi all!
I’m a long time lurker and I just wanted to share my success, how I lost 103 lbs in around 9 months, and thank everyone on here for the motivation!
Background ~ Let me begin with my stats - When I began, I was a 6’1 (185 cm) 18 year old male. Weight is something my family and I have always struggled with. Growing up, I always knew I “larger than most” (when I was born I was 11 lbs), when my family moved from our home of 15 years to a completely different state, I didn’t adjust well. I found comfort in food, and began to emotionally eat - which made me gain a solid 60 lbs. About a month after my 18th birthday I knew it was time to change and I began to go to the gym, but still continued to eat carelessly. I didn’t see much weight loss and was very disappointed. During the summer of last year, I traveled to Japan with some friends, where I walked on average 10 miles a day just sight seeing and the main thing that sparked my interest in CICO was that we only were eating once or twice a day because we were sight seeing. In 2 weeks I lost about 10 lbs, and when I came home I did more research on calorie restriction and stumbled upon this reddit page. I calculated my BMR and set my calorie intake to about 500 below that, but I still was not seeing the kind of progress I wanted so I increased my deficit and that’s when things turned around for the better!
How I lost 103 Lbs in around 9 months ~ (SIDE-NOTE - This is going to be a controversial topic, as many people get mad when someone mentions a deficit more than 500 calories. I personally haven’t experienced any negative side effects, but everyone is different! The main thing I learned is to listen to your body, if you feel weak, light headed, or sick re-evaluate your intake and adjust to a point where you feel better!)
Weight-Loss with CICO is simple mathematics and I enjoyed this aspect of it and utilizing apps, such as happyscale I was able to track progress and even enjoyed the graph making portion of keeping track in this fashion.
My original BMR at the weight of 294 was around 2700 and as I mentioned earlier, I made a 500 calorie deficit on that, but didn’t see much progress. I lowered my intake to 1500 calories from a suggestion from my primary care physician. I was much happier with the progress it made, and I continued this. I eventually hit a small plateau and with permission from my doctor, lowered my intake to 1200 calories which allowed me to blast through that plateau. During this whole time, I was lifting weights and even saw increases in muscle mass and the weight I was able to lift. In February of 2018, I did further research and began intermittent fasting, as I was only eating breakfast because I was under the impression that it was healthy, not because I was hungry. This expedited the weight loss quite a lot. I also began to include more cardio into my gym routine, which again further helped the weight loss. With the introduction of cardio, I increased my caloric intake to about 1400 and was still seeing results. I’m still doing this as I type this. I’m currently at 191 lbs with roughly 18% body fat (tested with a bioelectrical impedance scale, which have a variance of 3.5% on accuracy, as well as comparing my progress photos to photos from google). I plan on continuing what I’m doing until I reach my goal weight of 175, with an aim to reach 13% BF.
Thank you - I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the motivation this reddit had given me. Some days were much harder than others, but with this community of people going through the same struggles I was going through, I was able to push myself to my goals. Weight loss wether for health or more vain reasons is always worth the effort. Again, thank you!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2kuGlJo
No comments:
Post a Comment