Want to Fix an Unhealthy CICO Diet

Hey everyone.

I've been on a CICO diet since lockdown began in March (1300 Cal/day), and have gone from roughly 67 kg to 59kg in that time. While I do appreciate the lost weight, I don't feel like I am getting any of the usual benefits of weight loss for one simple reason: I am on a junk food CICO diet.

I eat about 500 - 700 Cal of chocolate or nutella a day, eat a 250 Cal muffin, a cup of greek yogurt (250 Cal) and the rest is something mildly healthy like fruits downed with a hefty 3L of water daily. It all ends up well below maintainence, which is why I lose weight, but my skin, energy, and stomach are all in bad shape. I feel sick everyday, can't sleep anymore due to nuasea, and can't keep up with in my weekly exercise group. I want to switch to including meat and vegetables into my diet. Only thing is, I really REALLY hate the taste and texture of most of these healthy foods. I can force myself to eat them from time to time for the health benefits, but when you hate them so much it's a big struggle to reach for a carrot over a chocolate bar. Add studies and a part-time job on top of that and a nutella sandwhich is irresistable.

Has anyone here had to overcome similar difficulties to overcome deep standing food aversions/junk food addictions? I'd like advice to add in more healthy food into my diet so I can be on a healthy CICO diet. I know lots of places suggest home-cooked dishes packed with flavour, but I really think I could only put aside time for that on weekends if I'm lucky.

submitted by /u/3BeadsAway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/352Movw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...