Thoughts from fat to kind of active

2017 to 2020 I've lost about 160lbs.

Ive traded my addiction for food for my addiction to getting better at "physical skills". A year ago I could barely do 20 lunges in a row. This week I did 20 lunges 4 times while holding a 20lb kettlebell overhead. Is that a big weight? Hell no. But two weeks from now it might be 25lb. Look out!

Honestly, I'm worried that this is how I found "healthy weight. I've kicked hypertension, type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, and gerd at 39 years old. But I still drink too much alcohol. I still eat too much sugar (126g alone today). While I think as long as I can do something physically ill be OK, but if I ever had to manage my weight by diet alone? Hello 370 again.

Not sure what my point is except I'm excited to be able to move and enjoy food and training at almost 40, and regret i didn't put the smallest effort of a single 1 hour gym session a day at any other time in my life. I guess as far as regrets go, that's pretty mild.

How i got here? Counting calories, 1800 a day. No limits to type of food, but priority to at least 140g of protein a day (1g per kg lean body mass. 370lb at likely 45% bf). I did this with 1 hour every. Single. Day. Of some type of activity.

8 months of this had me from 370 to 220. Then I joined a crossfit gym close to me and got hooked on the workouts. Now my life is centered around trying to muscle up and handstand walk.

Happy to answer any questions cheeky or otherwise

submitted by /u/thcpoweredlifter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FhDvVx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...