I lost about 100 pounds, way too quickly and unsustainably, about a decade ago right out of high school. By overexercising and eating low (not healthy) amounts of calories I lost almost 100 pounds in under 6 months and gained an ED of binging that I still fight off to this day.
During college I was heavily into weights and powerlifting and started slowly gaining it back. After college I felt great but stopped exercising almost altogether. Even though I conquered an ED I ended up gaining 60-70 of those pounds back and at the start of quarantine realized I was the heaviest I’ve been in ten years.
So first week of May I started my pursuit of a sustainable but healthier lifestyle. Today I got half way through, losing 35 pounds.
I used intermittent fasting and got back into weightlifting and Strong Curves. (See: r/strongcurves) For awhile I was around 1K deficit and realized I needed to slow down to keep the momentum and not fall back into old ways. So now I’m around 500kcal deficit and feel great. I got my blood test back today and my triglycerides have gone down tremendously. I still had some cheat days, but made sure I never went too hard in the paint with my calories.
All this to say, make sure you can stick to the changes you make. Never try and rush this, it’s a long marathon to be healthy and at your GW. Don’t sprint even if it’s working!
Stats:
29/MtF/5’6 SW: 205 CW: 170 GW: 140(ish?)
Thanks!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31jRvqg
No comments:
Post a Comment