I lost 17lbs but I can’t really see the weight loss?

I’ve been losing weight since early February by watching my calories and going to the gym (home workouts now x5 a week). I know it’s not a ton of loss, but I was a uni student and did drink a fair bit (I would have lost more weight if I wasn’t drinking, but I wasn’t going to give up clubbing which is mostly my social life to lose weight a little quicker). There were also a few weeks where I stayed the same or gained half a pound, but most weeks I’ve lost at least a pound.

So at 5’3 17lbs is quite a lot, (starting weight was 187) however I haven’t really seen the results. I measured my waist like 3 months ago and I’ve lost about 10lbs since then, however the measurement hasn’t changed at all. I thought I noticed it was flatter and went in at the sides a bit more, but according to my measurements they haven’t changed?

I have lost some in my face, it was the first thing I noticed and I do have pics to prove, but most people lose it in their face anyway, and after losing 17lbs I can’t have just lost it in my face. I also noticed it in my arms initially, however they haven’t changed much recently, so maybe there’s some muscle growth?

When I was at the gym before lockdown, I would mostly do some weighted training with leg and arm machines etc, I don’t really have weights at home (only 2kg ones). I follow Popsugar Fitness workouts 5 times a week which is mostly cardio mixed with body weight, sometimes I do ones which involve light weights cuz that’s all I have.

So yeah, I have to have lost the weight somewhere, can’t just be in my face and a bit in my arms? I tried on a dress from when I used to weigh 182lbs (I gained 5lbs since the event before I started losing weight) and it felt exactly the same, didnt feel looser, when I did the same pose in the pic other than my arms, my stomach (hard to tell as I was sucking in in the pic) and thighs looked pretty much the same.

For reference, before I gained a bunch of weight at uni I weighed about 150 and since I gained weight I put on 1-2 dress sizes (depending where on my body, I’d say 2 dress sizes in most places) and I don’t think I’m that close to needing to go down a size, even after losing 17 out of 37 pounds. I know 150 seems on the higher end for a 5’3 girl, but I did feel great and healthy (also I’ve always had bigger hips and boobs since I was a young healthy child haha) and my first milestone is 140.

Any insight?

submitted by /u/Faithyxox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cNTF52

No comments:

Post a Comment

having a cycle & trying to lose weight is so draining

for reference im 21F, 5,2, 149.0. i eat 1,200 calories a day, sometimes i struggle to even eat that much & i do the treadmill 3 times a...