I’m 6’3, and 345 lbs. I’m almost 20 years old. About a year and a half ago, I was 220 pounds. The reason I gained so much weight in that short of a time, is bcs during my freshman year of college my anxiety and depression got significantly worse. I never grew up with a loving and supportive family so I didn’t know how to comfort myself or have positive self talk to boost my self esteem. So I started turning to food for that comfort. That’s when I went from 220 to where I am now, 345 lbs. To this day, I still use food as my comfort. I have so many reasons I want and need to lose weight but I keep pushing it off bcs ultimately I’ll be getting rid of my primary source of comfort. When I’m anxious, food gives me comfort. When I’m excited, food tops off the excitement. When I’m in a depressive episode, food lets me focus on something tasty and boosts my dopamine so I’m less focused on the depression in the moment. When I’m bored, I eat. When I watch Netflix, I eat. So I’ve been pushing off losing weight and becoming healthy, bcs my main source of comfort, and a habit that’s very consistent in my life, will no longer be there. What are some things y’all have done to replace that comfort?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bOrylb
No comments:
Post a Comment