Nothing like a picture to help break my complacency

Earlier last month, my job invited a photographer to come in and take staff pictures for the newer members and I was really excited since I had lost 15lbs and I felt pretty good about it.

The pictures are available and it’s like I’m reminded that I still have a long way to go. I’m pretty sure that I’m being a little hard on myself but the pictures of me didn’t match the mental image I have of myself now. I still see the double chin, the width of my chest and the chubby cheeks.

I am currently at the lowest I have ever been and I have this fear that I am at my weight floor - for the past 15 years, this was the lowest I have gotten and I would plateau and give up.

I guess it kicked my butt up to not be so lax because I feel good at where I’m at. I know I tend to be a little more complacent coz my jeans are now belted, my shirts are hanging off my shoulders or I can see my collar bones at certain angles.

I didn’t get upset that I still look fat or felt like my efforts are for nothing. It just reminded me to stay on track and to keep doubling down on my efforts.

I am proud where I came from and I guess seeing the recent pictures of me made me a little more determined to see how far I can go

submitted by /u/starsreminisce
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UCTrqy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...