I'm (26/F) putting myself down because I couldn't finish a workout class. Does it get better?

I started going to the gym last week, and I've been enjoying workout classes instead of the monotonous routine of using the cardio machines. Today, I decided that I would try a strength building class. In the description, it said " The basics of strength resistance, with all the tools and none of the impact." It ended up being a 45 minute class of HIIT, and it definitely wasn't for beginners which is what I assumed it would be. Only 15 minutes into the class, I had to step out because I thought I was going to puke. I debated just stopping at that point, but I went back and did another 15 minutes. And I still left early. I was embarrassed that I had to modify the movements because I couldn't go as fast as them, and I STILL wanted to puke. It was difficult, and I felt like crap the whole time. Now I'm not a thin girl, I'm 5'8" and 315lbs which I know contributes to the difficulty level.

​

So I'm here looking for encouragement stories about how you've improved in your stamina since you've started working out. I'm debating not going back to the class until I lose a considerable more amount of weight. Is this the right decision or is it better to keep at it?

submitted by /u/aromaticbutthole
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2W3rMAu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...