I went to the doctor yesterday...

Going to the doctors has been a source of anxiety for me my whole life. I was an overweight kid and grew into an obese teen and now adult (23). My family has a history of weight related illnesses (diabetes, cancer..etc). Since my teens I have been borderline diabetic (6.3% A1C) and shit hit the fan when I was diagnosed as diabetic (7.3%) this past year.

I had enough

And I needed to change. I began a lifestyle change; counting calories and utilizing my apple watch as a tool. I haven’t been sure where I started, but according to my medical records I weighed in at 312, I estimate that I gained weight since my doctor visit in February 2019 so I was probably more like 317 - 320 when I started trying to lose weight (August/September); I’m 235 now.

82 - 85 lbs

Anyways, I know avoiding the doctor isn’t healthy, so I faced my fears, made an appointment and got my blood drawn (also another point of anxiety).

Yesterday I found out that my blood sugar is normal (5.3%).

Not prediabetic, not diabetic — NORMAL.

I am in shock. I am ecstatic. I am proud.

submitted by /u/-freshavacado-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bwfaag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...