(NSV) I went to the gym for the first time in 3 years

Tonight was an important night for me. I have not been to a gym since 2017 when I was in college. I went every night for two years and was in the best shape of my life. I ate healthy and was happy. When I dropped out because I couldn't afford tuition and moved back across the country, it all ended. I gained 10 pounds, then 25, then 30, and 50...

After a few years of teetering between a size 8 and 16 (mostly due to diet), I finally stepped foot into a gym today. I almost didn't, but I'm glad I let the anxiety pass. I may have had to stop my workout to catch my breath several times and I may have been sweating like a PIG, but I did it.

Once I was done, I just sat in my car and sobbed. It's almost like every single emotion I have had for the last three years just came rushing out. I can't believe I let myself get to this point of self hatred without even knowing it. I can't believe ONE workout could make me feel this way and solidify my desire for change

Tonight marks the start of my new journey to health and happiness. I just want to thank all those who post to this subreddit for inspiring me to change my life for the better and push through the negative feelings. I also want to encourage anyone who is in the same boat I am in to keep pushing. Cheers!

submitted by /u/rnbbeesh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3343Ih3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...