I have Crohn's disease but fairly mild in remission for years. My relationship with food isn't the best but I also get to feeling defeated when I try to stop eating much "bad" food because the "good" food I can eat is limited. I can also be a grazer/feel like I should have a snack...always.
The easiest way to lose weight is a better diet but I can't have too much fiber and definitely not added fiber (like many low carb/low cal foods).
Any suggestions for me?
Restrictions: Dairy - hard cheese, yogurt is fine. Smaller amounts of cream cheese, sour cream etc is fine. Milk added to something is usually okay and we use lactose free or almond milk.
Raw veg - little to no greens, especially anything other than like, iceberg. Nothing leafy, no spinach. Small amounts of raw veg are okay, like a slaw on something or tiny side salad. Small snack of carrots etc.
Cooked veg - a little bit better, especially more mild/carby stuff like potatoes, corn, carrots. Single normal to med portion of green beans is okay but 2 in one day is not. Broccoli only in small amounts.
Fruit - mostly fine as long as I don't go nuts. Usually 2-3 portions a day. Depends on season, usually frozen berries in am, some grapes or stone fruit. Sometimes melon or apple.
Grains - nothing whole grain or added fiber, a white tortilla is fine, a low carb tortilla is definitely not. White bread is fine, multi grain is not. Oatmeal in smaller amounts is okay.
Bad food - usually fine, even fried stuff. We eat too much fast food, especially chick fil a. Love ice cream, usually only soft serve or Ben & Jerry's fairy free. Frozen Custard messes me up bad.
I like a majority of foods, especially fruit and noodles.
Dislikes: mushrooms, pine nuts, fish, seafood other than shrimp, asparagus, mayo, mustard. I'll cook with mustard etc but don't like as a condiment.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OiWx09
No comments:
Post a Comment