I was entering the metro station and there is a mandatory bag scan. I was called forward to open the bag as they couldn't figure out a gadget inside - as I stepped towards him, the cop said 'Sir... " and for the first time I replied "Ma'am" and this is where my story starts. [ In India, it's very common to be called Sir (if you are not overtly feminine) regardless of, well everything. It always gets my goat but as an obese person (and that too one wearing Bermuda shorts and flowing t-shirts) wanting to escape limelight, I have always said yes and moved on. But to be honest, I never liked it. Today when the cop called me Sir, he said that to the new me. The New me, the shorts and lose t-shirt wearing BUT empowered woman who has lost 21Kg (have to lose many more but I know I will) and for the first time isn't shy of speaking up.]
And then the most magical thing happened, the cop said "Ma'am, would you open the bag" and I happily complied and then I cried later in the train with joy that as a 34yr old, I CAN stand up for myself, it doesn't have to be big things, and that I can be called a Ma'am in shorts and all this confidence from weightloss.
This sub helps me on my journey and I wanted to share this here. Thank you and yes, we can do this. WE GOT THIS 💪💜
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Vdd4nZ
No comments:
Post a Comment