How to get into a new diet without completely fucking it up within a week or so?

I've been trying to change to a sustainable diet for like a year, I'm trying to become pescetarian. I also want to cut back on dairy, bread, and obviously junk food. I'm not usually a fan of red meat but still occasionally have salami from time to time 😣

I work shift work and live away from home for a majority of the time hence I don't really have the option to prep or cook my own meals. The place provides meals and board which is okay and we do have okay choices. I'm trying to also eat twice a day (with no to minimal snacks through out the day) with a heavy breakfast and light dinner. (Breaks are half an hour)

In the past I've actually gone vegetarian for a period of time and despite feeling good, knowing it's good for me, and going ok. My brain goes REEEEEEEEEEEEE and I start slipping into drinking an ice coffee here, having some chips there, then we're running late so we stop at a service station and pick up some trash for a quick lunch because we skipped breakfast, etc. Then it goes downhill and back to square 1. I'm trying to use work and sleeping as a focus to avoid junk food and grazing. Then gradually build up an exercise routine.

I'm not going anywhere until I get some control over my eating habits. Is it also a bad idea to encourage coworkers I'm on good terms with to shame me if I try get something unhealthy?

submitted by /u/Dont_Key_Cars
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VGtBkI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...