Should I take BMI seriously?

I've read that overweight BMI can be ignored because it doesnt take into account muscle gain or fat distribution. My problem is the opposite. I am female, 5'7 and 120 lbs on an empty stomach. I used to do home videos by Jillian Michaels, until I reached my goal weight of 130 lbs and decided to slow things down a bit. I now do mat pilates 3x week, eat healthy with zero added sugar (no desserts for nearly three years now). I'm seeing some muscle tone now on my arms and legs especially. HOWEVER, I still have ahem a bra bulge, and my back doesnt really look all that toned. I'm fine with all that really, I'm more focused on maintaining a healthy body. My BMI says I'm underweight which kinda pisses me off because I am definitely not bony. But I'm also scared about whether I'm pushing myself too far. Suggestions/advice really appreciated.

submitted by /u/renstoic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZxoW5q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...