Since January 2018 I slowly and steadily lost 20 lbs. Everything was going great, I only had 15 more lbs to lose until my goal weight. I was so excited and so happy with how I looked.
And then in September 2018 I landed my dream job in New York City. Can you see where this is going...
You know how when you’re on holiday and you indulge a little bit, and you feel like you might have gained a couple pounds? Well I basically treated my year in New York as one massive holiday, and I’ve had the best time of my life. I’ve treated myself a lot to eating out at different social events, food markets on the weekend etc. I’ve enjoyed myself so so much. Unfortunately a side effect of that is I have put 25 lbs on- 5 lbs over my starting weight.
I am a bit disappointed in myself, because I’m back to not liking how I look, and the thought of starting all over again is daunting. But I knew I only had 1 year in New York, so at the end of the day I have no regrets, I made the most of it.
I’ve lost it before, so I know I can lose it again. It doesn’t matter that my goal was pushed back a year and a half. It’s important to enjoy life and make the most of opportunities. To anyone else out there in a similar position to me- it’s ok, we’ve got this. Yeah we slipped up but at the end of the day what matters is that we keep trying
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Lbdjhi
No comments:
Post a Comment