This is an update post that should hopefully help me stay on track and help reluctant people start.
I started last week on Saturday. I am 22F and my starting weight was fluctuating between 189 and 187 (but mostly 189, 187 was a rare occurance in some mornings). I am now at 185. I weighted myself a couple of times a day which sounds a bit excessive but I found it helpful because it made me less worried if I saw the scale go up since I realized it was probably normal and not scary at all.
For my first week my goal was to get into the habit of tracking my calories and try to keep them under 1500. I mostly succeeded (I had a birthday party on the weekend that was inevitably going to mess up my progress but I don´t think I did a bad job overall). I had two days over 1500kcal - one of them was the beforementioned birthday where I managed to keep it at 2000kcal and the other was a hangout with one of my friends and I didn´t go over 1700kcal then either. I also tried out IF - again, I only messed up there 2 times. I found it very helpful - without the breakfast I could have two bigger meals and a decent snack in between and I didn´t feel hungry at all. My last goal for this week was to drink enough water which I also managed to do.
I decided to follow a similar easy plan this week as well and try to build up more habits as I go. Now that I have gotten into the habit of tracking, I want to make sure most of my meals are home cooked and mostly healthy. I also want to make sure I do some sport three times this week since I noticed most of my progress came after my dancing class last week. This week I will also start tracking my measurements and taking some progress pictures.
Some other positive changes I incorporated are:
- I picked up my old photography hobby and deliberately tried to walk more because of it so I can get some cool nature shots.
- I went to the supermarket on foot. This is about a twenty minute walk every other day and it feels like nothing. I want to walk more in general so I thought that was a good start to building that habit.
- I made sure that most of my snacks were fruits and vegitables.
Overall I am happy with my progress and hope to do even better next week.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2waBfI0
No comments:
Post a Comment