Unsent letter to my personal hero

Dear Nick,

I met you when you brought the courage to join our gym and had me make a health check with you. More than 300lbs were too much, of course you knew that. At first, I saw you some times in the gym. Then not anymore, for about one or two years.

So I was gladly suprised when I saw you again, last year, with a bit more weight on even. You kept your head down, did not wanted to be noticed. I respected that, and kept it by a polite greeting. Then you came back, the next day. And the next. And the next, and at some point, seeing your face in the early morning, each single day, became routine.

And you did well. As I saw you almost every day, your transformation was so gradually that it was hard for me to put a thumb on it. At first, I noticed that you became less overweight, then at some point would just be considered "heavy" for a stranger. Then slowly all that build up muscle mass shined through and you just looked bulky. Muscular, manly. And early this year, you just looked so increadibly healthy. Healthier than most people here. You started to smile alot, and it suited you so well.

There was so much I wanted to ask you. What your turning point was, how you managed to be that increadibly disciplined. But as you always wore your big overear headphones and were so focussed on starting your workout - after politely greeting everyone - I never did.

On Monday, you did not come. Neither on tuesday. Today, I asked in the office about you - and they told me that you canceled your contract. I was a bit shocked. But when my collegue told me that you had given personal relocation as the reasoning, I was relieved. And a bit sad, to be honest. I will miss seeing your healthy, motivated, glowing face each morning. Will miss how you inspired me to just do things, and get rewarded for them.

And I'd regret not asking you to grab a coffee.

But I like to believe that you will achieve great things in your now for sure prolonged life.

Sincerely,

Your gym trainer

submitted by /u/141414151252512
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JsETEQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...