My strategy is eating 2 meals a day, 1200 calories total. I don't eat dinner -it's simple and doable...if I'm allowed to do it!
Last Thursday: go to a mini symposium after work at a local brewery. They had a buffet of snacks that smelled incredible, there was free beer. I straight up ordered a glass of water and succeeded in not eating any of the free food.
Friday: DOUGHNUTS. Fresh and hot. The gal who brought them in urged me to take one, I said --after this meeting :)... thankfully the engineering department hoovered them up so I didn't have to demur again.
Friday walking out to my car: Would you like a mini bundt cake from so-and-so's bday? me: oh no, but thank you! (I LOVE the cakes from that bakery)
Friday at my friend's shop "to have beers": I brought a six pack to be social and got myself a glass of water. Multiple times got asked "Where's your beer??" Held fast.
Saturday: Working hard all damned day in the Sun at an event, enjoyed free lunch of street tacos and stayed right on calorie budget and ready to not eat the rest of the day.
Final Boss: After Saturday's event got a text to please bring burgers to hang out with friends -I say I'll get there and we can go together (no way I want to go to In-n-out by myself to buy food I'm trying hard to not eat).
I get there and the plan changes to "let's go to my friend's bakery". Yes, My good friend owns a bakery right next door to where we're hanging out. And she is testing new menu items. She wants me to please order stuff so her workers can practice on the new things. Luckily they are food (veggies, sauces open faced sammys).
It would have been legit rude for me to refuse. so I go along and magically 6 strawberry galettes, a stack of giant cookies and a fresh baguette show up with the order.
I felt I had to sample the new things so I could report back honestly to my friend on how they tasted. I really REALLYwanted to eat more (i had been doing physical labor for about 10 hours at this point) but I managed to take only sample bites and all the baked goods got pawned off to other people.
I tallied up the damage and calculated I overshot my budget by 600 calories (1800 total). This is within my top end wiggle room of 2000cal.
Honestly, how the hell is anyone supposed to stay trim and still have a social life? It's very tedious to keep say no, no thank you, maybe later, oh I already ate, I'm not hungry....
Anyway, I'm kinda glad to see Monday. No one offers me sweet treats on Mondays :)
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Q1uxx7
No comments:
Post a Comment