I've been floating at around 182 pounds for the past few weeks in what I'd say is an attempt to "maintain" my weight at the very least. I just started a new job and going out to eat/drink is like the main way people socialize here. I didn't want to stress myself out or isolate myself too much by saying no to meeting up after work so my main goal was to order something small (like an appetizer) and eating a lighter lunch and breakfast to accommodate for a higher-calorie dinner
It's been about 3 weeks and now I've met a lot of my co-workers and some of our socials are becoming less food/drink-based (which is awesome)!
Today I weighed myself and for the first time in a while I'm out of of the 180s (179 pounds). I haven't weighed less than 180 since about 3 years ago so it's a nice surprise! It's crazy how even having a very slight deficit (about 100-200 cals from my maintenance calorie level) makes a difference too!
Another lesson learned is that even maintenance takes work! Permanent weight-loss truly takes a complete life-style change!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QtPr8t
No comments:
Post a Comment