Struggling with progress, or lack there of

Hi everyone!

My weight has been up and down my entire life, as I'm sure is the same story for many of you. I successfully lost 50 lbs about 7 years ago, but at the time I was working two waitressing jobs, caring for a hyper 2 year old on my own, and doing roller derby in what little spare time I had. After moving to the city, going to college, starting a new career and getting married, life has obviously become less physically active, but still busy.

I've gained about 25 lbs back, and have been trying to lose it without much luck for awhile now. Currently I am 5'7, and fluctuate between 165-170lbs. As I don't believe in crash dieting anymore (I followed a really strict diet the first time around, and this time I'd rather make permanent changes that I stick with) the steps I've taken so far are:

-Cutting out alcohol. My husband and I used to be really into the craft beer scene, drinking beer almost daily, and now I only ever drink on special occasions.

-Cutting out fast food and pop. I still will have the occasional slice of pizza or a burger if it's the only thing around, but it's not often (like once a month).

-Reducing sugar intake. I love sweet stuff. I've done my best to switch to fresh fruit or tea when I need a sweet fix, and stopped buying ice cream and cookies.

-Walking to work whenever I can, and doing YouTube workouts at home a couple times a week. A gym pass is not realistic for me as I take the bus or walk almost everywhere (we only have one vehicle) and don't have time to go to and from the closest one (a half hour bus ride and ten minute walk one way).

-Lowering calorie intake, and eating at home as often as possible. We eat fairly healthy for the most part, lots of veggies, lean protein and not too much starch. I also don't eat a lot of dairy except for yogurt occasionally and cheese once in awhile.

I know these steps aren't going to make me a size 6 anytime soon, but I thought I would at least lose a pound or two. It's been a few months now and the scale hasn't budged, nor are my clothes getting looser. It's disheartening and making me want to give up. My husband is doing the same as me, and has already lost his belly and is visably slimmer. So my question is, what worked for you? What sorts of foods, exercises, lifestyle changes, etc helped you start to make progress? I really don't want to give up, I want to feel good in my body again and be a good role model for my kids. I'm open to any and all suggestions!

submitted by /u/melonbrawler
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2W2sNJr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...