Struggle with Asthma

I suffer from asthma and it’s really hard for me to do cardio and HIIT without feeling like my lungs are giving up on me. The other day, I was walking on the treadmill at an incline only for 5 minutes and I was already having a hard time breathing. I had to stop because of my shortness in breath and I was just terrified to continue in case something happens. I really hate how my breathing limits me. I don’t stop because I’m tired and don’t have the energy to keep going—I honestly love the burn. I just can’t breathe.

My college is kind of built on a hill so there’s lots of walking and stairs outdoors. Even something as simple as walking to class can have me wheezing and it’s so embarrassing when I arrive in class and everyone can hear me breathing shortly and hard.

I don’t know what workouts I can do along with dieting that won’t make my lungs hate me. I’m trying to lose weight and I just feel so defeated when I’m working out and I can’t continue because I just can’t breathe.

My asthma is also getting worse for some reason. Just today I woke up from a nap basically choking on air and unable to properly breathe. The other day I had extreme shortness of breath when I was lying down. I don’ t know if I should actually continue trying to exercise with my diet if my lungs are struggling to even function properly. And yeah, I should probably see a doctor for what just happened (I just don’t want to worry my parents). But if anyone has any ideas of exercises that are impactful and aren’t too strenuous on my lungs, that would be very helpful!

I already take albuterol and flovent before working out, so please don’t recommend me any medications for my asthma! I got that covered already. Also, I know exercising is not the main focus to losing weight, but I know it is a supplement to it and I’d like to be active since I’m a student who spends most of her time sitting down and studying.

Edit: I’m a pretty healthy weight. I’m 5’2” and 124 pounds when I first weight myself in the morning. It’s not that the exercises are too much for me to handle, but it’s my damn lungs :’( I’d also just like to lose 9 pounds because I look better when I’m 115 pounds! I currently don’t have a flat stomach and I am trying to get ready for the summer.

submitted by /u/StarsAndTakoyaki
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2vCNBYZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...