Hi All,
Before I get to my main question, I'll provide a bit of a background story. I lost ~100lbs during the last 7 months, primarily through CICO, intermittent fasting, etc. No physical activity, unless you count in walking dogs, etc.
When I finally reached my goal, I decided to hit the gym again to add some muscle weight. Some might ask why I haven't done that sooner. Well, I don't think I might endure being on 1500kcal diet, constantly hungry, exhausted, and lifting weights. It's just too much for me.
I have experience with lifting weights, so I'm not worried about doing it properly and effectively. I even paid for a personal trainer to show/remind me how to do things the right way, focusing a lot on compound exercises. I'm more worried about calories. According to most calculators online, I should be eating around 3100kcal per day in order to gain muscle.
The parameters are:
Age / Gender: 34, Male
Height: 194cm or 6′ 4.3
Weight: 97kg or ~214lbs
Exercise: 4 intense training sessions per week, but sedentary job
According to TDEE calculators online, i.e. https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm, I should be eating around 2700kcal per day to maintain my weight, or 3100kcal per day to gain muscle. This includes ~230 grams of protein.
However, last thing I want to achieve is gaining fat again, after months of hard work I spent to lose it. I have a smart scale at home (Renpho) which is great to get a rough idea on metrics (water, muscle, fat, etc.) but it's useless when it comes to fine-grain tracking. Whenever I lose weight, all metrics drop down (even bone mass). When I have a cheat day, all metrics rise, which doesn't make any sense. Even if I start gaining pure muscle mass, that cr*p is going to tell me that I'm gaining fat again. Therefore, I can't really use it to track my training progress.
For all Redditors here who decided to hit the gym and made some progress in terms of muscle mass gain, how did you track your calories? How much above your TDEE did you go?
Thanks in advance!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2YkgxRP
No comments:
Post a Comment