So I am a nanny, and I nanny a wonderful 18 month old. About 6 months ago (or so) I was carrying my friend's nanny kid (same age) about 3 blocks to a pizza place while my friend pushed my kid in the stroller and carried her other kid (i was carrying the heaviest baby, she had the two lighter babies). It wasnt far, it was only a slight incline, and yet I was huffing and puffing. To the point that my friend offered to carry the baby. I was a bit embarrassed, but continued on without switching.
This, along with a few other "warning signs" made me decide it was time to make a change. I started doing CICO, started being a bit more active with my kiddo (aka we just started walking more, her getting older helped with that), and managed to lose about 20 pounds.
Yesterday, my friend and I went to the zoo with our kiddos. For reasons way too long and boring to explain, I ended up carrying my kiddo most of the visit as we walked around the entire zoo. I didnt huff and puff. I barely even noticed that she was heavy (though my arms are sore today!). I easily carried on a conversation and played with my kiddo and wasnt completely exhausted when we got back.
I'm only about 1/3 of the way to my goal, but this was a pretty significant victory for me!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Yyitqf
No comments:
Post a Comment