Lost 70+ pounds over a period of 2 years

https://i.imgur.com/BKeCPfS.jpg

I never saw myself as overweight just maybe a little pudgy. The highest I ever saw on the scale was 247 but I never weighed myself so I am sure I never saw my highest weight. I can proudly say I'm now 177.9 pounds.

I moved in early 2016 any due to a number of factors I stopped driving to work and started taking the bus. The little bit of walking I was doing helped me lose around 17 pounds (down to around 230 pounds) by April of 2017. I didn't set out to lose weight but I noticed this and started forcing myself to walk more. Walking around 8000 steps a day helped me lose another 10 pounds. I decided to cut baked goods out of my diet, save for the occasional chocolate croissant, and I increased my walking to 10000 steps a day. That got me down to around 210. I decided to cut out most carbs and focus on protein, Greek yogurt and protein bars mostly, and this allowed me to get down to 200 by July of 2017.

I was pretty satisfied with my weight but I wanted to go lower. I haven't changed much since July of 2017, I walk 12000 to 15000 steps a day now. It's not uncommon for me to do 25000 steps. I've discovered something I enjoy; walking. Increasing my walking this much has allowed me to get down to 177.9 pounds as of a months ago. I've been hovering around that weight since.

At this point I try to avoid sugary drinks and other carbs but I am not very strict. I never imagined walking would lead me here, but I'm glad it has.

At my heaviest I wore XL shirts, size 38 jeans, and wore a size 46 jacket.

I now wear medium shirts, size 29 jeans, and a size 40 jacket.

I've been wanting to post my progress for a while, I hope my progress gives someone else hope.

submitted by /u/archrival6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2UZlLAs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...