I now crave healthy foods

I wonder how many others will relate to this. First off I was never a sweets person, for me it was savory foods and other carbs. A bowl of cereal, cheese as a snack etc. I used to scoff at people who were fit that would claim to be "craving a salad" or broccoli or some other food that while I liked, I couldn't imagine someone craving. At the time it just felt to me like someone trying to prove some point about how they eat healthy but I truly didn't believe that was what they really wanted, it was more an outward justification.

I was wrong. While I've lowered my calories notable what I'm eating has also been a notable change. I almost never eat sweets, don't know the last time I had a soda or juice. I've had bread maybe twice in the last two months and the other day I came home from work and was like man I really could go for some broccoli, and had that as a snack. But it was real, it wasn't me trying to convince someone else anything it was my honest feeling in the moment. Similarly my wife wanted a burger last night but I just wasn't in the mood so I cooked up some shrimp and grilled veggies for myself and made her a burger, I had zero jealously. My food was delicious in it's own right so I wasn't missing out.

Have others had similar experiences?

submitted by /u/dvon1981
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2M3oiKU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...