I know I need to cut out/down on sugar. But the withdrawal symptoms seem like too much to bear.

So I know I'm addicted to sugar and sweets, particularly chocolate. I don't like soda thankfully, and drink a ton of water. But for as long as I can remember I've had a serious problem with sweets (and a niche for baking, I can make a snack out of a barren kitchen.)

My weight has been on a steady incline my whole life. I know the culprit. I do like other foods. Love veggies, fruits, protein, etc. But at night, if I haven't had a dessert, I won't be able to sleep. I mean till 5-6 am and only getting 3 hours of sleep. If I don't munch on something sweet throughout the day, I'll be a complete bitch. My brain is always thinking about where my next sweet is coming from.

Here's where it gets complicated. I have crohns disease. My GI will literally ulcerate if I eat too much fiber. I can eat 1 serving of cooked veggies, 1 serving of fruit, 1 serving of whole grains (nuts or seeds) a day. And 1 serving of raw veggies every and 1 serving of beans every 3 days. Everything else has to come from simple carbs or chicken. I've actually had nausia and diarrhea that only went away after I ate white bread or something sweet.

I'm terrified of becoming diabetic. Ive tried doing CICO before. Some days I end up using my calories so quickly, then starving and binging late at night. Or other days I don't even make it to half my calories because I'm too ill or hyperfocused to eat. I loose motivation with it so quickly.

My fiance and I are going to tour gyms on our next day off, so exercise will def be happening more. But, I know I need to get the sugar intake under control for the sake of my own health.

submitted by /u/Grass-is-dead
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Wyvdwi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...