Fat Loss and Muscle Maintenence on 4 of sleep a night

I've made great progress in the past 4ish months, dropping from 190 to 160, having visibly abs, and overall feeling hopeful in my goal of 155 by the end of June. However, I feel like recently my body is stonewalling me progress and sabotaging itself on purpose to prevent me from reaching my goal.

For reference, I use fasting to achieve my goals. I am pretty muscular, and have maintained that this far. On workout days, I fast 20 hours and eat 4 hours. I still fast 1 to 2 hours post workout. On rest days, I do not eat, and fast through until after my next workout. This has worked fine so far, allowing me to maintain strength, eat at a caloric surplus on eating days,and lose weight every week.

In the past week, I've suddenly been unable to sleep past 4 to 5 hours. The main reason is having to use the bathroom, which I find odd because I dont drink fluids 3 hours before bed. Maybe one or two nights this past week i woke up naturally, just slowly and finding myself awake, only to observe the clock and find I've slept for 4 hours. I try to go back to sleep but I can tell immediately that it's bad sleep.

As a result, I've had brain fog, lost strength and vigor in the gym, and overall look softer and fatter. I visited a doctor and got a dialogue about sleep hygiene which I know isnt the issue, and was suggested to try ambien. However I'm not having trouble falling or staying asleep. I'm just waking up after 4 hours, usually to pee, and not being able to return to sleep. I can see that this has messed up my health this week, and I'm gaining fat even though I'm controlling my diet still despite how I feel. I'm still eating at maintenance and fasting on off days so I'm in a net caloric deficit, but because of my lack of sleep, it's likely I'm consuming muscle at a higher rate because i can tell my strength is lower

I have no idea what's caused this sudden issue and I'm honestly just irritated that I'm so close to my goal but my body isnt having it. Going to see more or multiple doctors is not a smart financial move either. What's going on and what can I do?

submitted by /u/That_Zexi_Guy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2I5nYWx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...