Everyone except my husband he noticed my weight loss, and it’s becoming pretty upsetting.

I posted in Relationship Advice, but decided to post here too since maybe you guys have been through something similar.

I’ve lost almost 40 lbs and I’m still losing weight. I’m only 5 feet tall, so 40 lbs definitely makes a big difference. My coworkers have noticed, my family has noticed, my friends have noticed, my kid has noticed, pretty much everyone except my SO has noticed. I don’t feel like this is one of those little things that I’m unreasonable for wanting him to see either. I didn’t just get my bangs trimmed, it’s not a new pair of earrings. I’ve literally had to buy new clothes because my old ones won’t stay on my body.

I also feel like it should be even easier for him to notice than other people because he sees me naked on a regular basis. And honestly it’s pretty hurtful that for the first time in a long time I don’t absolutely despise looking at myself naked in the mirror, but I guess he just doesn’t see a difference. It’s not like he never gives compliments, he still says something when I have my hair the way he likes it, or when he notices a new shirt I bought or something. But not when my actual body is shrinking.

I usually don’t require or even enjoy a lot of attention, so I really can’t bring myself to be like “Notice me getting smaller!!” But him not noticing such a big change is really starting to fuck me up. Has he just completely been blocking out the sight of my body because it was so fat and ugly, so now he’s still just looking at my face and not seeing anything else? Am I gonna have to starve myself down to 90 lbs for him to notice? Or maybe he’s only into “thicc” girls , so he HAS noticed my weight loss, he just hates it?

I feel like both my options suck. I could either be that needy chick who’s like “Notice meeeeee!!!!!”. But even if I did go to him and say “hey did you happen to notice that I’m smaller? A lot smaller? Like someone subtracted the weight of our kindergartener from my body?” I feel like it wouldn’t really mean anything since I’d basically be telling him to tell me I lost weight. Option 2 is continuing to mentally torture myself and running myself to death trying to be skinny enough that my husband will notice.

submitted by /u/88bryanna88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/30IeKbv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...