Are my calories too low for cutting?

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for any help. Got my post removed from /r/fitness. Wonder if anyone here can help.

Goal: lose body fat

Stats: Male Age 24, Height 6ft 3", Weight 195lbs, Body fat estimate 20% (used shitty electro scales)

I'm currently eating 1787 calories per day. With that I hit roughly between 170-180 grams of protein each day and I don't tend to worry about carbs/fat as much although carb intake is generally higher than fat.

I do weight training 3 times a week (push, pull, leg) and run 5k 3 times a week.

On top of that I also play badminton for 1 hour a week.

I usually have 1 day at the weekend where I don't track my calories and have a cheat meal (some days worse than others)

I can't seem to shift any more fat even though my workouts are so consistent.

I started at 206lbs back in January this year and I'm at 195lbs. To me this seems so slow however I've have only been really tracking my calories properly for the past 2 months. I really want to get my body fat down to around 15% and then look to increase muscle mass.

My questions to you guys is:

Are my calories too low for my level of activity?

Should I drop my calories further?

Could it be the one day at the weekend that is hindering my fat loss?

Just any other suggestions would be great. Starting to get demotivated and ideally want to start building muscle but I feel my fat % is too high.

submitted by /u/TommieTheTurd
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2YIac30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...